Students interested in pursuing a major in a business field are admitted into the College of Business & Public Administration as pre-majors. Students interested in a business or public administration major must first visit the Office of Academic Advisement in 127 Gamble Hall to declare a pre-major and be assigned an academic advisor. Students on probation in other Colleges on the UND campus will not be admitted to the College of Business & Public Administration.
Students are eligible for admission into a business major when they have met all of the pre-business requirements, including:
- An overall and UND overall GPA of at least 2.50 (2.75 for management majors)
- Completed at least 60 credits
- Completed or enrolled in the following courses with a grade of C or higher:
- ACCT 200/201 Elements of Accounting I and II
- ECON 201/202 Micro and Macro Economics
- ECON 210 Intro to Business and Economic Statistics
- ISBC 117 Personal Productivity with Information Technology
- Completion of the Essential Studies curriculum
When you come in for advising for this last semester, you will be placed on the eligible list. Declaring of the major will take place the semester completing all of the above requirements and after the semester grades are posted.
Public Administration Majors
A student pursuing a degree in public administration is admitted to the College under that major. Students are required to maintain at least a 2.50 GPA in courses that apply toward their degree and major.
A student pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science is admitted to the College under that major. Students are required to maintain at least a 2.50 GPA in courses that apply toward their degree and major.
Industrial Technology Majors
**No new students are being admitted at this time. Current students in the program will still be advised and able to complete their degree.**