- Process Guide
- Internships and Waivers
- Internship Placements
- Student Organizations
- Student Forms
- Registration for Spring 17 Comps
Combined BSPA/MPA and BA/MPA Program
The Public Administration program offers two combined programs, a BSPA/MPA or a BA in Political Science/MPA. The intent of the combined programs is to allow qualified students to complete the requirements for both degrees in one year beyond that required to receive the baccalaureate degree. Students may apply for this program upon completion of 90 credits toward the Bachelor’s degree but prior to their fourth year of academic work. All requirements for both degrees must be met, and up to six credits of prior-approved coursework may be double-counted toward each of the two degrees. Double-counted credits may not include required courses for the BSPA or BA degree, but may include appropriate elective coursework, preferably at the 500-level or above.
- 3.25 GPA overall and in major.
- Graduate Record Examination or the Graduate Management Admission Test.
- Completion of 90 credit hours to year four.
- Minimum competence in public administration, policy, administrative services, and methodology. This competence is normally demonstrated by at least one course in each of the give fields (Political Science, Accounting, Economics, Management, and Statistics) by special exams in the fields, or by practical experience.
- Twenty hours in social sciences, business administration and related fields.
- Students who do not meet requirements 4 and 5 will be given the opportunity to fulfill them.
- A minimum of 34 semester credits.
- A minimum of 27 credits in public administration and up to 9 credits in cognate fields to total 34 credits.
- At least one-half of the credits must be at the 500-level.
- A maximum of eight credits may be transferred to UND from other institutions.
- Completion of required courses.
- Pass final comprehensive exam.
- Fill out the CoBPA Combined Degree Program Semester Registration form.
- Acquire Graduate Director’s signature.
- Submit form to the School of Graduate Studies.
Follow the steps for MPA student’s program of study except by using the program of study form for combined students.