- Resume Review
- Cover Letter Creation
- Jobs & Internships
- Mentor Program
- Career Fair Preparation
- Career Assessments
The University of North Dakota has partnered with Handshake- the ultimate recruiting platform! Visit Handshake!
What can students do on Handshake?
- Search and apply for internships, full-time and part-time jobs
- Store resumes, cover letters, transcripts, and other professional documents
- View a calendar of upcoming events on campus such as the Fall and Spring Career and Internship Fair
- Apply and obtain on-campus interviews with employers
- Report your internship/co-op experience
Report an Experience on Handshake
Students participating in an internship/co-op for academic credit must report their experience on Handshake. The purpose of an internship/co-op is to provide students with an immersion-learning, integrative practicum. Ideally, the experience will provide the following:
- professional experience,
- a chance to start and build a professional network,
- an opportunity to integrate theory and practice,
- exposure to the daily routines, processes, procedures, and expectations of work life,
- the prospect of a professional reference,
- the potential for professional achievement, and
- although there is no guarantee, an internship can also lead to a job offer.
An internship/co-op is a structured educational work experience. Internships provide an opportunity to learn new skills, expand knowledge related to a particular field of study, explore career options, and apply academic knowledge in a "real-life" situation. It may also be seen as a laboratory setting for testing and application of theoretical models. Besides on-the-job application of classroom theories and techniques, internships facilitate the development of professional skills such as planning, organizing, and leadership.
Handshake is a great way to hire College of Business and Public Administration students and alumni. To post positions visit Handshake and create an employer account.