Technology - Frequently Asked Questions
Available Technology & Instructions
Technology Information for Gamble/Starcher Hall
This site will contain up-to-date information of technology resources in the College. Please refer back to this page if you have any questions. Feel free to bookmark this page.
Help Topics: Last Updated 12/28/2010
- Explanation: The CoBPA is unifying logins with the main campus so that we can reduce the number of systems and accounts users have to have.
- Account Setup: Before you can login you need to claim your IDM Account.
- Have you already claimed your IdM account. Click here to check
Scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Have I claimed my account yet?"
- Forgotten Password: If you forget your username/password after it has already been setup, then you can use the Kiosk on the 1st floor of Gamble Hall or Starcher Hall to reset your password or call the UND Help Desk at 777-6305 and they can help you get your password reset.
- Explanation: P:\ Drive or Personal Drive is for Faculty and Staff.
- Access outside Gamble/Starcher Hall: details for remote access to P: drives are being work on by the Core Technology Committee and ITSS.
- Storage Limits: 8GB
- Explanation: U:\ Drive or University Drive is for students.
- Access outside Gamble/Starcher Hall: details for remote access to U: drives are being work on by the Core Technology Committee and ITSS.
- Storage Limits: 1GB
- Explanation: CoBPA internal website. Portal has many functions. You can upload assignments, reserve classrooms, and update card access just to name a few.
- Address: http://my.business.und.edu/portal/
- Explanation: Campus Uniprint printing system operated by ITSS is now available in Gamble and Starcher Hall.
- UniPrint: UniPrint allows students to use the $8 that is allocated to students UCards by the Student Technology Fee (STF) that is designated for printing and also allows the student to use UCash. With this system in place, students will no longer be able to use cash for printing at the labs. If the student runs out of the $8 from the STF, they will need to put UCash on their cards. UCash stations are located in Wilkerson, Walsh, Memorial Union, Odegard Hall and Gamble Hall.
Note:The College of Business majors paying for CoBPA courses also gives the student $40 to use for printing purposes. Once that fund has ran out, the student will need to add money to the UCash machines located in one of the halls listed above. Students not enrolled as a College of Business students and NOT paying the Program Fee will be able to use their printing allotment given by Student Government.
To print to the new printer, print a document as usual, selecting the new printer in the drop down menu. Please note, it does not automatically name the printer for you.
Before you can print, you will have to name your print job.
Color printing is available in Gamble 115 only and the cost is 25 cents per page.
Black and white printing is available in all labs and the cost is 4 cents per page.
One black and white kiosk has been added to the first, second, and third floor hallway, and room 136 of Starcher Hall for more convenient printing. You can print to the kiosks from home, by going to: www.techsupport.und.edu/students/uniprint.cfm.
- Explanation: Card Access doors are located on certain rooms in Gamble Hall. Only Authorized individuals will receive access to these areas. Check out MyCoBPA Portal for more information.