The Department of Accounting at UND has a long-standing reputation of preparing individuals for careers in all aspects of business for nearly 90 years. In fact, department faculty were instrumental in establishing the North Dakota Society of Certified Public Accountants. Today's faculty have an established tradition of interaction with a wide range of accounting professionals.
Our students have access to multiple classrooms and learning centers that have been generously donated by businesses, former accounting instructors, and alumni. These facilities include: Brady Martz, Deliotte, and Eide Bailly Accounting Learning Centers; John C. Berg Memorial Accountancy Office Suite (PricewaterhouseCoopers); and John C. Berg Memorial Accountancy Office Suite (PricewaterhouseCoopers); and the Kulas & Koppenhaven Memorial Accounting Center.
Mission and Vision
The mission of the Department of Accountancy is to prepare individuals for professional careers in accounting and business.
Faculty see a future where:
- UND's Accountancy program is recognized by employers and the general public as the best in the region. When people in the region think of accounting, they will think of UND;
- The Accountancy faculty are the leaders in the College of Business and Public Administration.
- High quality teaching, scholarship and professional and public services
- Relevance and innovation in curriculum, instructional methods, scholarship and professional and public services
- Good relationships with our alumni and recruiters
- Interaction with the profession and community
- High standards of professional and ethical conduct
- A climate that fosters continuous improvement