MPA GRE Waiver Guidelines
Applicants to the UND Master of Public Administration (MPA) program may be granted a waiver from the GRE requirement, under one or more of the following circumstances:
- All applicants for either the combined or accelerated bachelor/master of public administration programs
- The applicant has previously received a germane graduate or terminal degree from a regionally-accredited U.S. institution of higher education.
- The applicant has GMAT or LSAT scores fewer than five years old.
- The applicant has demonstrated a record of success in one of the four certificate programs offered by the MPA program (Public Administration, Policy Analysis, Health Administration, or Social Entrepreneurship). A record of success is defined as having completed at least two courses in the certificate program with a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.25 and no less than a B in any course.
- The applicant is enrolled in the UND Law School or graduate programs in the UND School of Graduate Studies or the School of Medicine and Health Sciences and has completed at least three courses with a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.25 and no less than a B in any course.
- The applicant has at least three years of substantial supervisory, managerial or professional level experience in a local, regional, state, federal, military or nonprofit agency or health organization. Typically, internship experience is not counted towards the requisite three years of work experience.
An individual requesting a GRE waiver should email Brian.Gutierrez@UND.edu and include a copy of a current resume and unofficial transcripts.
Please Note: A waiver request will not be granted automatically, and an approved waiver does not guarantee acceptance into the program. If a waiver request is denied, applicants must complete the requirement for the GRE. Denial of a waiver request is not denial of admission to the MPA, and applicants who are denied waivers are encouraged to complete their application requirements.