The Fall 2021 Accounting Career & Internship Fair will take place both in-person and virtually.
Connect with potential employees to discuss career and internship-related opportunities. Registration for the Fall 2021 Career Fair is open.
2021 Accounting Career & Internship Fair
Given the ever-changing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Pancratz Career Development Center has elected to offer both an in-person and a virtual Career Fair for Fall 2021.
Thursday, September 16, 20201 | 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Friday, September 17, 20201 | 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Hosted in Handshake
To register, visit Handshake and login with your email address and password.
If you have not registered in our system before, click where it states, “Sign up for an account”. Once you have been approved in Handshake, find the career fair by following these steps:
- Sign into your Handshake account
- Click on “Fairs” on the left side of the home page
- Search for “University of North Dakota” in the search box
- Select the UND 2021 Accounting Career & Internship Fair
- Click on the blue “Register” button
September 16, 2021 (In-Person)
- $450 Normal Registration Rate through August 31, 2021
- $550 Late Registration Rate (if space is available) beginning September 1, 2021
- $350 Government / Non-Profit Rate
September 17 (Virtual)
- $295 Normal Registration Rate
- $195 Government & Non-Profit Rate
- FREE Registration for Employers Who Also Attend Our In-Person Expo on Thursday, September 16th 2021
Employers registering for both the September 16 and September 17 events will be able to attend the virtual fair at no cost.
Please note: Credit card payments cannot be made until your registration has been approved by our office. You will receive the approval email from Handshake@notifications.joinhandshake.com. Please add this email address to your Safe Sender list.
September 16, 2021 (In-Person)
Registration fee includes:
- Convention booth space
- 5 foot table and 2 chairs
- Registration for up to 4 recruiters ($15 for each additional recruiter, up to a total of 6)
- Wireless internet access
- Lunch & refreshments
- Free parking
September 17 (Virtual)
Registration fee includes:
- Unlimited number of recruiters
- Handshake-hosted video and audio
- 1:1 and group session scheduling capabilities
- Access to public student resumes in Handshake
Notification is appreciated as soon as possible so we may inform students. Registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable per our cancellation policy. In the event that the Fair is canceled due to weather-related conditions (and the City of Grand Forks is shut down) companies will receive a refund of their fees, less a $50 administrative fee.
We promote our Career Fairs to the best of our ability, utilizing social media, print media, emails, text messages, information sessions, and more. We do not guarantee any level of student attendance and participation, and we do not issue refunds based on student attendance or lack thereof.
Career Fair Sponsorship Opportunities
The UND Fall 2021 Accounting Career & Internship Fair has various sponsorship packages for employers.
In-Person Career Fair Logistics
Please be sure to CLEARLY label the name of your company on your shipping materials so that we can easily deliver your package(s) to your booth prior to the start of the Career Fair.
Send packages to:
Attn: UND Accounting Career Fair
c/o Campus Postal Services
2901 University Ave, Stop 9014
Grand Forks, ND 58202-9014
- Hotel: Hilton Garden Inn ($80/night)
- More options are available at Visit Grand Forks.
- Parking: Gorecki Alumni Center
Virtual Career Fair Set Up & Troubleshooting
Before you can set up a schedule, you need to have an approved registration at a virtual fair. At this time, only the person that registered your company for the Fair is able to create new schedules. Handshake has created a great Instructional Guide and video for creating your 1:1 and group session schedules.
Important: Each company representative that plans to participate in 1:1 and group sessions must have their own Handshake account (username and password). For information on how to add teammates, please view Handshake’s Help Center article.
If you do not set up any schedules, you will not be able to visit with students on the day of the Fair. The earlier your schedules are created, the more time students have to register for your sessions!
How to Claim a Schedule
Once a schedule has been created on your behalf by the fair registrant (Schedule Owner), you will be able to claim your schedule in Handshake, and students will then be able to sign up for sessions. Students will not be able to sign up for sessions until you claim your schedule!
How to Manage Your Schedule
Once your schedule has been created and claimed, you’ll be able to manage your individual schedule as needed. To navigate to your schedule, click on Fairs from the left menu column, then click on the fair that you have created a schedule for. Click on the Schedule tab from the fair overview page.
Please note, only a Schedule Owner can complete the following tasks:
- Add teammates
- Add group sessions
- Add teammates for 1:1 sessions
- Add or edit existing 1:1 session preferences
- Edit group session names or descriptions
Handshake uses Twilio Programmable Video. To verify that your technology is compatible with Twilio and Handshake, be sure to visit the Handshake Video Requirement & Troubleshooting website for an extensive checklist and conduct a network test. You will also be able to join your sessions one hour prior to their start time to test connectivity and performance.
Note: Students are able to join up to five minutes early to test their connection, so please know that if you are in a session early, students could appear early as well.
We recommend you test and verify that you have the following basic technology requirements:
- Reliable internet connection- preferably not a mobile connection
- Twilio supported browser- Chrome or Firefox is preferred- Safari may experience sound issues
- Grant your browser or app permission to access audio and video
On the day of the Career Fair, employers will be able to launch their sessions 60 minutes early to verify that all audio and video connections are working. To access your session video links:
- Navigate to the Career Fair in Handshake and click on the Schedules tab
- Within your schedule click the blue Launch Video button
- Within your launch screen you'll have the ability to enable and disable your microphone and video
- Click the three dots menu icon on this page to view your audio and video settings
- When you click Join Now, you'll be taken into the session. If your video is not enabled, a circle with your initials will appear instead
- If you'd like to share your screen, click the computer monitor icon, to the left of the microphone icon in the bottom middle of the screen. You can select from your entire screen, an application window only, or a specific browser tab
- Click the Chat and Participant icons in the upper-right of the video window to switch between which side panel displays
- When you are ready to end the session, click End Session in the lower-right corner of the video window. A confirmation will appear with a prompt to End session for all or Cancel. Note: sessions will automatically close 20 minutes after the scheduled end time to allow for ongoing conversation
The Pancratz Center will be providing day of support via Zoom.
However, if you If you require immediate assistance from Handshake on the day-of the event, submit a request ticket to the Handshake team, and under the Category field, be sure to select Day of Virtual Fair / Event / Interview Issue for a prompt response.
Positions and Interviews
Please submit interview requests and job postings through Handshake.
Questions? Please feel free to call 701.777.6852 before making your interview requests in Handshake. If you need additional information or have a special request, please contact: