Faculty expertise in the college links to applied research in the following ways:
- Polling and survey research
- Social science research methods
- Application of advanced statistics to policy and business problems
- Collecting, storing, manipulating data
- Specific policy area expertise (e.g., environmental, health, etc.)
The Institute has the following service lines:
- Polls and surveys
- Focus groups
- Content analysis
- Analysis of existing data
The aim is to establish the Institute/Center as a data hub related to regional policy analysis.
The Institute will serve as a conduit for finding, applying, and fulfilling grants, particularly federal grants.