At Nistler College, our students are our #1 priority.
We insist that our students be trained by the very best. We have brought together a community of world class scholars who are leading experts in their respective disciplines.
Our faculty consistently publish in top journals in their disciplines and fields, present their research at highly regarded regional, national, and international conferences, serve on the editorial boards of influential journals, and are members of prestigious scholarly networks.
- Many of our faculty are engaged in inter-disciplinary work that intersect with key areas of strength around campus; areas that distinguish UND from other universities.
- Our faculty make critical contributions by lending their domain expertise within multidisciplinary research groups to advancing research in areas such as autonomous systems, energy and the environment, rural health, regional economic development, and much more.
- Many of our faculty members (as well as faculty at other units around campus) are affiliated with the Institute of Policy and Business Analytics (IPBA) which is also situated in our new building. IPBA provides a key platform through which our college seeks external grant funding for research as well as how we demonstrate the value of evidence-based research in informing policy choices on issues of public concern in our community. Collectively, we highlight the important societal impact of our research mission to our state.
Gain Research Experiences
A core component of our research mission is to develop opportunities for students to engage in the exciting endeavor of pursuing research on their own or with faculty.
Our students have served as research interns in programs such as the Energy Hawks and with state agencies like the ND Department of Commerce. They also work directly with faculty on research projects and have presented their work at conferences and seminars.
At Nistler College, we also deeply value industry collaborations, entrepreneurial outreach, and commercialization activities.
The Center for Business Engagement and Development (CBE&D), which is an important part of our college and housed right here at Nistler Hall works to foster small businesses in our state. They provide our faculty and students with the opportunity to apply their knowledge and efforts to advancing the regional business environment. At the same time, the CBE&D is a source of data and other resources that aid faculty/student research.
Top Business School in the Midwest
The big news for our college is that we have moved into our new $70 million building, Nistler Hall. Our new building has many state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructure for enhancing our research mission and for promoting student research.
- There are new seminar/conference spaces equipped with the very latest IT to facilitate in-person as well as online scholarly exchanges. This has allowed us to foster a vibrant research environment with regular seminars and lectureship events that showcase eminent scholars from all across the country and the world.
- There are new flexible spaces that can be used for carrying out behavioral experiments, or which can function as polling centers, etc.
- We have in-house IT support in our building as well as direct physical access to the Chester Fritz Library via a land bridge on the second floor.
- Even though we are currently a R2 institution, our faculty and students have access to databases and resources that R1 researchers would have access to including S&P Compustat, CRSP, and more.