MPASO - MPA Student Organization
The Masters of Public Administration Student Organization is a networking organization that plans events and works to advance our members in the Public Administration field. All students enrolled in the MPA program are welcome to become a member of and participate in the group’s functions.
For more information read through the MPASO Page.
Through MPASO, students can have a chance to represent and be part of decisions made for the students of the MPA program, as well as plan events that help to enhance MPA students' educational and professional experiences.
Gender and Policy Responsiveness: Does Having a Representative Bureaucracy Matter is one of the past events that MPASO organized and sponsored.
Pi Alpha Alpha
Pi Alpha Alpha is the national honor society formed to recognize and promote excellence in the study and practice of public affairs and administration. In its constitution, the organization dedicates itself:
- to encourage and recognize outstanding scholarship and accomplishment in public affairs and administration,
- to promote the advancement of education and practice in the art and science of public affairs and administration, and
- to foster integrity, professionalism, and creative performance in the conduct of governmental and related public service activities.
PAA membership identifies those with the highest performance levels in educational programs preparing them for public service careers. PAA honorary membership identifies those whose careers have best advanced the ideals of "integrity, professionalism, and creative performance" in public service.
The mission of PAA is advanced through the national organization and through the work of local Pi Alpha Alpha chapters established by collegiate programs in public affairs and administration which are affiliated with the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration.
Pi Alpha Alpha is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies, the coordinating agency for collegiate honor societies which is dedicated to maintaining high standards for the recognition and promotion of academic excellence in higher education.
Masters Degree Student Memberships – Students may be inducted from among the master’s degree students in the department, institute, or school wherever the Pi Alpha Alpha chapter membership is based provided:
1. They have maintained a GPA of at least 3.7. A chapter may set higher GPA requirements if it chooses.
2. Master degree students must have completed at least fifty percent (50%) of the required course work (a minimum of 18 semester hours or 27 quarter hours). A chapter may set a higher percent of completion if it chooses.
Doctoral Students - Doctoral students who meet the requirements for Pi Alpha Alpha masters degree student membership or who have completed all the requirements for the MPA or its equivalent, may be inducted without restriction as to number.
For more information visit Pi Alpha Alpha’s website.
The above information was provided by the NASPAA.