The mission of the Herr School of Accounting is to prepare individuals for professional careers in accounting and business.
- High quality teaching, scholarship and professional and public services
- Relevance and innovation in curriculum, instructional methods, scholarship and professional and public services
- Good relationships with our alumni and recruiters
- Interaction with the profession and community
- High standards of professional and ethical conduct
- A climate that fosters continuous improvement
CPA Exam Elijah Watt Sells Award
In the last 27 years, Herr School of Accountancy graduates have earned the prestigious Elijah Watts Sells Award ten times. This award was creates in 1923 and annually recognizes the top 10 candidates in the nation who earn the highest cumulative scores on the CPA exam. Each year, between 75,000 and 100,000 individuals sit for the CPA exam. Finishing in the top 10 is truly an outstanding achievement and indicates the high-quality alumni produced by our undergraduate Accountancy Program.
The award is names after Elijah Watts Sells, one of New York's first CPAs and one for the primarily focuses behind the establishment of what is now the American Institute of CPAs. The following UND graduates have received this award.
|Chelsey Enderle||Fall 2014||Grand Forks, ND|
|Chris Rohrich||Spring 2004||Fargo South, ND|
|Patricia Kalil Margarit||Fall 1993||Williston, ND|
|Melissa Derrig||Fall 1993||Fargo North, ND|
|Kory Schimke||Fall 1990||Harvey, ND|
|Jeff Kersten||Spring 1990||Newburg, ND|
|John Schell||Spring 1989||Minot, ND|
|Brenda Zent||Spring 1987||Mott, ND|
|Dave Eberly||Spring 1986||Minot, ND|
|Steve Opdahl||Spring 1986;||Fargo South, ND|