Pancratz Mentor Program
The Pancratz Mentor Program provides the opportunity for Nistler College of Business
& Public Administration alumni to connect and provide guidance to UND students.
The Pancratz Career Development Center's Mentor Program is an opportunity for students to connect through formal mentorship with an experienced professional. Students will have the ability to develop their skill set, seek advice, and begin to build a professional network. We have created this program to offer a valuable educational experience for the Nistler College of Business & Public Administration students.
Starting with the 2018-19 academic year, the Mentor Program has transitioned to a cohort-based model. This new model allows opportunity for a more structured and meaningful mentorship relationship, and provides students the opportunity to network with each other and their mentors.
Applications for the 2021-22 cohort are now closed.
Student Eligibility Requirements
In order to participate in the Pancratz Mentor Program, students must:
- Be an enrolled student in the Nistler College of Business and Public Administration
- Have completed at least one full academic year (second-year student status)
- Have at least one full academic year left as a student
- Be dedicated to the time, energy and commitment of a full-year mentorship
- Meet with your mentor at least once per month in person, on the phone or via Skype
Benefits of Mentorship
The Pancratz Mentor Program offers many benefits for participating students including:
- Access to the Pancratz Center tools, resources, and network
- Establishment and growth of a professional network
- Opportunities to strengthen your professional communication skills
- Hands-on learning opportunities
- Help in defining personal and professional goals, and the strategies to achieve them
- Unique insight into internship and full-time employment opportunities
- Knowledge about industry trends and their impacts on your future career
- Feedback on career preparation materials
The Pancratz Mentor Program provides the opportunity for Nistler College of Business & Public Administration alumni to provide guidance to Nistler CoBPA students in their sophomore year or above. Mentors volunteer their time and expertise to help students with career development goals.
Pancratz Mentor Eligibility
We are always looking to add good mentors to our program. The program is open to Nistler CoBPA alumni who will preferably have a minimum of three years in the workforce and also have:
- A positive attitude and willingness to lend guidance
- Enthusiasm for leadership within their field
- A passion for helping students succeed
- The ability to meet in-person or over the phone monthly with a mentee
Does this sound like you? Begin a conversation with a Pancratz Center staff member today to learn more about joining our Mentor Program.
Benefits of Becoming a Mentor
While the benefits to student mentees might be obvious, there are also many rewards to becoming a mentor, including:
- Development of leadership and management skills
- Gaining fresh perspective from future young professionals
- Ability to share the knowledge you've gained and lessons you've learned
- Increasing your company's profile with Nistler CoBPA students, faculty, and staff
- Staying connected to Nistler CoBPA through a personal connection
Abby Wilfert, 19'
“My mentor has given back to the community throughout his entire life, and I feel blessed to have come to know him this past year. He was instrumental in introducing me to the Center for Innovation, where I found two internships and an enduring entrepreneurial interest. He has insightfully advised me on my personal business venture and has offered to assist with a student organization event that I plan to host. Because of these and numerous other acts of kindness, I see him as both a role model and a friend, who will always take the extra step to advance my personal and professional success."
“My mentor has been someone who I have truly been able to learn from. She is so personable and down-to-earth! I have been able to ask her so many different questions and she has always given me great feedback. I appreciate the time and effort she put into fostering our mentor/mentee relationship. I can only imagine that she is equally as amazing with her co-workers and clients. I can say with full confidence that the Pancratz Mentor Program has furthered my professional development.”